Monday, January 14, 2008

Stink reminded me of something....


Stink's post, King Arthur and the Skanky Laundrette reminded me of years ago (at least 18 years) we, Kanga & I, rented a house in Olathe. We had to go to the laundry mat to do our laundry. This was something that we would go do together. At that time we belonged to a medieval reenactment group. One of the funniest thing that happened back then was at the laundry mat. Kanga, who was paying more attention to the chickies across the room, thought he had a pillow case. He was busily stuffing tighty whities, t-shirts, and socks in a pair of my medieval bloomers. I don't know who was more embarrassed me because my bloomers are being publicly displayed or Kanga for doing that in front of the chickies. I was very glad when we bought a house & got a washer & drier.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to use laundry mats before... and it is not a good experience. I handled it pretty well for a while even thought I found it a little weird washing my clothes basically with the whole neighborhood... I had enough once a particularly not hygienic person walked in, I got sick to my stomach.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I hated laundromats. The first job that gave me a cash bonus at the end of the year I blew on a good washer and dryer.

Unlike some of my other indulgences , I have not regretted it for even a moment.

N }:-

Trelvix said...

You know - this could have been worse for Kanga - he could have been stuffing laundry in his *own* knickers!

Spyder said...

Logtar- If you stick to that thinking then when at a restaurant...

Nuke-Love HAVING my own washer & drier, don't LOVE having to use it.

Stink-LOL