|You Have Not Been Ruined by American Culture|
You're nothing like the typical American. In fact, you may not be American at all.
You have a broad view of the world, and you're very well informed.
And while you certainly have been influenced by American culture (who hasn't?), it's not your primary influence.
You take a more global philosophy with your politics, taste, and life. And you're always expanding and revising what you believe.
Friday, June 29, 2007
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Sunday, June 24, 2007
1. I've had a few "partners" in my life before the Hubby. And I really can't remember the sex. Maybe because it's been so long, maybe because the Hubby has wiped the slate clean. I take that back. There is one I remember, a Greek pilot. He was so slow that I was drumming my fingers. The phone rang, he got up to answer & then hit the bathroom. I left before he came out. That was the worst fuck ever!
2. I'm a trained spiritual director. Can you believe it? Sinner, loved & forgiven!
3. Hubby & I nearly split up on our 7th year. He had his head up his ass. He's better now. Actually, we are much better now ( 22 years in July). I believe it was the 7 year itch.
4. I love animals. I've had dogs, cats, birds, fish, rabbits. I want another canary ( mine died years ago). I will always have dogs. You can't turn my dog on me & fire.
5. Like XO I can't learn structured dance but I've been told that I'm a great dancer. I freestyle it. When we slow dance I lead. He doesn't really like to dance so I tell the Hubby that it's like sex standing up: "Hang on & follow my hips!"
6. My parents met as pen pals. I was born in Jacksonville, Fl. but raised till I was 18 in Canada. I took English as a second language, French being my primary one. Blogging has helped my writing skills. Blogging has also become a bit of an addiction. But I have met some great people because of it.
7. We don't have prom queens back in Canada when I was growing up. We had Winter Snow Queens. I had to give a speech in English & in french & have a talent. I did a modern interpretive dance to "Georgy Girl". I was the 1st Snow Princess & rode on the back of the town firetruck with a torch light parade through town.
8. I love Stan Rogers' music: Three Fishers. Cape Islander. Northwest Passage. He was a Canadian who died in an airplane fire. Bob Walkenhorst (Jon Vermeer), formerly of the Rainmakers (Downstream), is a very close second. He is also one of the nicest guys you could meet. I have a mandolin but can't play yet.
Tag: Dan at Gone Mild, Happy in Bag, Emawkc at ThreeO'ClockA.M., Heather at General Blather, Michelle at Well Hell Michelle
Friday, June 22, 2007
|You Are Chardonnay|
Fresh, spirited, and classic - you have many facets to your personality.
You can be sweet and light. Or deep and complex.
You have a little bit of something to offer everyone... no wonder you're so popular.
Approachable and never smug, you are easy to get to know (and love!).
Deep down you are: Dependable and modest
Your partying style: Understated and polite
Your company is enjoyed best with: Cold or wild meat
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Note to the Hubby: You don't have to do it here. I know I rock your World!
Mingle2 - Online Dating
This rating was determined based on the presence of the following words:
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Monday, June 18, 2007
You are the World
Completion, Good Reward.
The World is the final card of the Major Arcana, and as such represents saturnian energies, time, and completion.
The World card pictures a dancer in a Yoni (sometimes made of laurel leaves). The Yoni symbolizes the great Mother, the cervix through which everything is born, and also the doorway to the next life after death. It is indicative of a complete circle. Everything is finally coming together, successfully and at last. You will get that Ph.D. you've been working for years to complete, graduate at long last, marry after a long engagement, or finish that huge project. This card is not for little ends, but for big ones, important ones, ones that come with well earned cheers and acknowledgements. Your hard work, knowledge, wisdom, patience, etc, will absolutely pay-off; you've done everything right.
What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
James Bond, 007 92%
Batman, the Dark Knight 88%
Captain Jack Sparrow 83%
William Wallace 83%
El Zorro 79%
Indiana Jones 75%
The Terminator 71%
Lara Croft 63%
Neo, the "One" 50%
The Amazing Spider-Man 42%
Which Action Hero Would You Be? v. 2.0
created with QuizFarm.com
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Monday, June 11, 2007
I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in...
I've learned that one good turn gets most of the blankets.
I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just jackasses.
I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.
I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.
I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think.
I've learned that depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
I've learned that it is not what you wear; it is how you take it off.
I've learned that you can keep vomiting long after you think you're finished.
I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.
I've learned that ex's are like fungus, and keep coming back.
I've learned age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
I've learned that I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
I've learned that we are responsible for what we do, unless we are celebrities.
I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
I've learned that 99% of the time when something isn't working in your house, one of your kids did it
I've learned that there is a fine line between genius and insanity.
I've learned that the people you care most about in life are taken from you too soon and all the less important ones just never go away; and the real pains in the ass are permanent.
Friday, June 08, 2007
|You Are 64% Democrat|
You have a good deal of donkey running through your blood, and you're proud to be liberal.
You don't fit every Democrat stereotype, but you definitely belong in the Democrat party.
|You Are 4% Republican|
If you have anything in common with the Republican party, it's by sheer chance.
You're a staunch liberal, and nothing is going to change that!
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN BRITISH COLUMBIA
1. Vancouver: 1.5 million people and two bridges. You do the math.
2. Your $400,000 Vancouver home is just 5 hours from downtown.
3. You can throw a rock and hit three Starbucks locations.
4. There's always some sort of deforestation protest going on.
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN ALBERTA
1. Big rock between you and B.C.
2. Ottawa who?
3. Tax is 6% instead of approximately 200% as it is for the rest of the country.
4. You can exploit almost any natural resource you can think of.
5. You live in the only province that could actually afford to be its own country.
6. The Americans below you are all in anti-government militia groups.
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN SASKATCHEWAN
1. You never run out of wheat.
2. Your province is really easy to draw.
3. You can watch the dog run away from home for hours.
4. People will assume you live on a farm.
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN MANITOBA
1. You wake up one morning to find that you suddenly have a beachfront property.
2. Hundreds of huge, horribly frigid lakes.
3. Nothing compares to a wicked Winnipeg winter.
4. You can be an Easterner or a Westerner depending on your mood.
5. You can pass the time watching trucks and barns float by.
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN ONTARIO
1. You live in the centre of the universe.
2. Your $400,000 Toronto home is actually a dump.
3. You and you alone decide who will win the federal election.
4. The only province with hard-core American-style crime.
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN QUEBEC
1. Racism is socially acceptable
2. You can take bets with your friends on which English neighbour will move out next.
3. Other provinces basically bribe you to stay in Canada .
4. You can blame all your problems on the "Anglo *#!%!"
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN NEW BRUNSWICK
1. One way or another, the government gets 98% of your income.
2. You're poor, but not as poor as the Newfies.
3. No one ever blames anything on New Brunswick
4. Everybody has a grandfather who runs a lighthouse.
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN NOVA SCOTIA
1. Everyone can play the fiddle. The ones who can't, think they can.
2. You can pretend to have Scottish heritage as an excuse to get drunk and wear a kilt.
3. You are the only reason Anne Murray makes money.
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
1. Even though more people live on Vancouver Island, you still got the big, new bridge.
2. You can walk across the province in half an hour.
3. You can drive across the province in two minutes.
4. Everyone has been an extra on "Road to Avonlea."
5. This is where all those tiny, red potatoes come from.
6. You can confuse ships by turning your porch lights on and off at night.
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN NEWFOUNDLAND
1. If Quebec separates, you will float off to sea.
2. If you do something stupid, you have a built-in excuse.
3. The workday is about two hours long.
4. It is socially acceptable to wear your hip waders to your wedding
At least we can still laugh, even when the jokes on us.
I will only respond to the Quebec one since that is where I'm from. RACISM IS NEVER ACCEPTABLE! I try my best not to be. I know the above is a joke but I felt like I had to state my feelings on this.
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Monday, June 04, 2007
Sunday, June 03, 2007
When I stand up for myself and my beliefs, they call me a bitch.
When I stand up for those I love, they call me a bitch.
When I speak my mind, think my own thoughts or do things my own way, they call me a bitch.
Being a bitch means I won't compromise what's in my heart. It means I live my life MY way. It means I won't allow anyone to step on me.
When I refuse to tolerate injustice and speak against it, I am defined as a bitch.
The same thing happens when I take time for myself instead of being everyone's maid, or when I act a little selfish.
It means I have the courage and strength to allow myself to be who I truly am and won't become anyone else's idea of what they think I "should" be.
I am outspoken, opinionated and determined.
want what I want and there is nothing wrong with that!
So try to stomp on me, try to douse my inner flame, try to squash every ounce of beauty I hold within me.
You won't succeed. And if that makes me a bitch , so be it.
I embrace the title and am proud to bear it.
B = Beautiful
I = Individual
T = That
C = Can
H = Handle anything