Monday, June 02, 2008

Weekend Report

Photo from @QueenofSpain. That was fun! Thanks to QueenofSpain for being the motivation, @zenaweist for organizing, Average Jane for shopping for boatload of food, Barkley's for hosting. Damn, they have beer on tap at work! I need to work there. Probably a good thing that I don't. I had parking right in front of the building. Which is freaking amazing if you consider that the Gay Pride festivities were one block south. Now most of you know that I'm a church going catholic. BUT I believe that God accepts & loves ALL of us. So when I saw the guy with the huge wooden cross protesting on the corner I decided that I had to go & support the Gay Pride event. I didn't stay long since I didn't know anybody there. The music was loud, way too much bass. Shit! I sound old. "And stay off my lawn you damn kids!". Anyways, I did hear that I had friends there on Saturday & Sunday.

Saturday morning I left with 3 girlfriends for Sedalia, MO for Heart of America Fiber Festival on a day trip. I showed much restrain and only bought 8 oz of Bamboo roving for spinning, in two beautiful colors. I have a spinning wheel just like this one. We had a great time hanging out with friends that we only see a few times a year. We had supper at Colton's. OMG! Their yeast rolls are the best I have EVER had. We got back in town after 10pm. Tired, happy & full. Hope your weekend was just as great.

3 comments:

MoxieMamaKC said...

Very cool weekend! I have a friend of mine who is very into weaving (she just bought her first loom and has her own spinning wheel). She would have loved that! Good for you for going to the parade. Hope none of my drunk friends spilled anything on you!

Spyder said...

Moxie- I was there early enough that I really don't think anybody was drunk yet. I have 4 spinning wheels & 4 looms. Is your friend local? I may know her.

Donna. W said...

One of our favorite motorcycle jaunts is the ride to Sedalia. All I needed was to know about one more place to eat when we're there. We'll check out Colton's next time we're there.