Sunday, May 04, 2008

Spend it wisely

Help America - spend your rebate wisely.

The federal government is sending each and every one of us $300 to $600
rebate. If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China . If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs. If we purchase a computer it will go to India . If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras , and Guatemala . If we purchase a car it will go to Japan . If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy. The only way to keep that money here at home is to buy beer since this is the only product still produced in the US.

Thank you for your help.


I'll drink to that!!!

email from my mother in law

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm beer!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could help a US bank? They need it right now...

Waldo Oiseau said...

Ha, too funny ... or sad? What a great product to still produce though!

Effortlessly Average said...

That's why I'm spending mine on hookers.

Spyder said...

Nuke- I'm with ya!

Zhu- The banks get enough interest from me.

Oiseau- Amen to that!

Effortlessly- LOL! Best answer so far! Hope you get your moneys worth.

Effortlessly Average said...

Well I'm no Elliot Spitzer, but I figure $600 outta buy me at least a couple hours. Or one hour with two hookers. heh

Anonymous said...

...looks like $1800 for us.

Somehow I doubt Nora will let me spend it all on hookers.

Maybe just half.

Spyder said...

Doc- Maybe Nora would be willing to play the hooker & you can pay her! Then she can spend all the money!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh...THAT old game.

hmmm...well, if we're going to keep it in the family, might as well up the ante in the old "visiting cousin from West Virginia" game.

; ' )