Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Newfie joke

A Newfie walked into a bank in Toronto and asked for the loans officer. He told the loans officer that he was going to Newfoundland on business for two weeks and needed to borrow $5,000.

However since he was not a depositor of the bank. The bank officer told him that the bank would need some form of security for the loan.

The Newfie handed over his keys to a new Ferrari that was parked on the street in front of the bank.

The Newfie produced the title and everything checked out.

The loan officer agreed to hold the car as collateral for the loan and apologized for having to charge 12% interest.

Later, the bank's president and its officers all enjoyed a good laugh at the Newfie for using a $250,000 Ferrari as collateral for a $5,000 loan.

An employee of the bank then drove the Ferrari into the bank's underground garage and parked it.

Two weeks later, the Newfie returned, repaid the $5,000 and the interest of $23.07.

The loan officer said, 'Sir, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled.

While you were away, we checked you out and found that you are a multimillionaire.

What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow $5,000?'


The Newfie replied: 'Where else in Toronto can I park my car for two weeks for only $23.07 and expect it to be there when I return?'

Ah, Newfies..... See! Salt Beef is good for the brain.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

:D Love it! It's actually almost a Toronto joke...!

In France, the equivalent would be Belgian jokes...

---

I read your last post and just wanted to say I was sorry to see the last few weeks were quite sad around you...

Spyder said...

Thanks Zhu! There have been some wonderful moments too. One in particular that I need to blog about. Just remember"These are the pagans..."

Anonymous said...

Are you coming to Ottawa by any chance this summer? I got a cell phone, this time we can prob. catch each other!

Spyder said...

Zhu- I don't think this year I am. Since I'm driving by myself I'm cutting the extra side trips out. Hubby Kanga has to stay home because of work.

Anonymous said...

Oh well... I understand!

If your plans change, let me know!

Spyder said...

Zhu- If they change I will let you know!!!