Zhu has tagged me. Ten Priceless American Experiences. This is going to be hard. With Quebec so fresh in my mind that would have been easier.
1. Weather: Here in the Midwest the weather is very hmmm, volatile? We have a saying "If you don't like the weather just wait." Because it can change so fast. Freezing & snow one day, and hot & melting the next. We get freezing rain (cold air from Canada & hot from Mexico). We also get tornadoes, so we got this. We also have hot & humid weather. It was 102F a couple of weeks ago. But come winter it can get down into the single digits.
2.Sports: I'm not much into sports myself. But I hear that tailgating is almost as important as the games. When I lived in Canada there were no professional teams in town. Here we have a few: Chiefs (football), Royals (baseball), KC Wizards (soccer).
3 Gates BBQ "May I help you", I hear that's it's really good. (I'm a vegetarian) I do like to go & have their fries & dip them in their sweet BBQ sauce. I haven't been brave enough to try the spicy sauce.
4 Music: Kansas City Blues,19th & Vine, also Bob Walkenhorst from the Rainmakers lives here in Kansas City. It has become tradition for us to celebrate special occasions by having Bob play a request. Wild Thing is our anniversary request.
5. Female senator: Claire McCaskill, Missouri Democrat!! Woohooo!
6. Mexican food: I love it. There are Mexican restaurants all over. But not even a Taco Bell in my home town of Temiscaming.
7. Genghis Khan Mongolian BBQ: We introduce all out of town visitors to that restaurant. My favorite!!!
8. Lots of colleges & universities here in Kansas City. Once again, not one in my home town.
9. They are building a Bass Pro Shop in Independence, Mo.,and there is a Cabella's in Kansas City, KS. We've been telling my brother in law about them hoping to get my sister down to visit.
10. Having grown up in Canada I had seen a moose now & then, but never deer. Now I see then frequently, even sleeping in my yard.
Zhu, hope this meets your approval!