Sunday, May 06, 2007

Tornados


After some serious consideration$ the hubby & I have decided to get a tornado shelter. We don't have a basement. After seeing what happened this last week out in Kansas. There has been way more tornados this year so far than last year. We feel like it's only going to get worse. So I've been checking into them all weekend. After much comparing the company we are going with is Storm Safe Rooms . Brad Webb is coming by our place on Wednesday. The more I thought about the in-ground ones the less I liked the idea. So we are having the Iron Eagle II installed in the attached garage. We are going with the 4x6. That should hold us and our 2 big dogs, and the 2 cats if we can catch them in time. Now we have to clean out the garage to fit it in there. I'll start tonight.

5 comments:

Greg Beck said...

a saferoom is a great idea! we've been pushing those for years.

Nightmare said...

For two grand you can buy a over seas shipping container, that is water proof, and hurricane proof and supposedly tornado proof...just as a heads up.

Spyder said...

We are spending more than two grand. But we are getting airholes, door handles on both sides,delivery and special installation. The worst part is by far having to clean out the garage to be able to install. I started last night pulling stuff into the house for storage. I'll reorganise after it's installed.

FletcherDodge said...

It's funny. I've lived in Kansas for more than 30 years (for a few years, I lived not-so-far from Greensburg) and I've never seen an tornado in person.

It's given me an unhealthy disrespect for the storms.

Spyder said...

Funny not in a haha way! Looks like they had used up all they're keep tornados way juju. Thank God for the early warning.