Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Conquering your fears.

I'm not a very good swimmer. When I was in grade 3 my best friend & her 2 brothers drowned. 3 little coffins. So sad. Plus Dad thought it was funny to swim under water & pull my leg trying to pull me under. So I would just stay out of the water. It wasn't until I was an adult that I taught myself to swim. Never in a lake, only in a pool. And I try to keep my face from getting wet. If your face is dry you can't drown. Right? Plus I'm blind as a bat without my glasses which is kinda scary for me in the water.

I don't think I could do what Banky did. Way to go Dude!

But I have to say I have conquered other fears. I once touch a pet boa constrictor. And there is a very deep rooted fear that I have dealt with back in 1999-2000. Even though it would have been a disaster for my parents to stay married their divorce did have an affect on me. One that I wasn't even aware of until I took the time to analyze my life. Once I tackled that fear Life was all the more sweeter. Ask Kanga he would tell you how much better our marriage is since then. We all have issues. A lot depends on if you take the time to deal with them or not. Life can be good, or it can be great. Your choice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dealing with your fears is great but anyway, we are bound to have some fears... and I think that's what makes us humans. We are all vulnerable...

I totally understand your fear of swimming. I love swimming myself but I'm not comfortable at all with the idea of climbing and admire these Everest people. But eh, I grew up by the sea...

Anonymous said...

Way to go Spyder! I face some fears, others I just live with (like many do I spose). But it's realizing you have a fear and deciding how you want to deal with it that is the most important thing.

Anonymous said...

Very cool Spyder. Thanks for the kudos. And I couldn't agree more about dealing with fears. We are transformed upon doing so! Congrats on the gobs of personal growth. It shows.

Catherine VandeVelde said...

Just the post I needed! Thanks, spyder.

Waldo

Spyder said...

Thanks y'all!