Sunday, October 28, 2007

Friday fright night

The fright wasn't at the party. More later.

The party was at Dan (of Gone Mild) & his lovely wife. Dan had kegged some of his home brew. It was a maibock (if you want more info on that go to his blog). All I can say that it was good. Now, the jello shots by Kristine/Filegirl were not as smooth going down! Not that it stopped us. I do know I had at least 5. Also, she took a bunch of photos, and has a good recap of the party. I won't bother to recap but will list those in attendance.

Dan/Gone Mild & wife
Kristine/Filegirl & Rodney (hubby?)
Janet/Ramblings, Rants and Mommy-hood & Keith/Sader Family
Heather/General Blather
XO/Hip Suburban White Guy & girlfriend
Michelle/Well Hell Michelle & hubby Eric/Dangerblog
Toast/The M. Toast Hivemind
Myself/Spyder & my hubby Kanga/Beneath the Ginko
Two new additions to our blogger gatherings:
Celeste/Average Jane
So Many Books, So Little Time: A Year in Reading


Nightmare did call me to let us know he wasn't going to make it. We had a great time. But we did miss all those that couldn't make it.

Now for the fright! On our way home to Raytown we were stuck in a DUI check point. I must remind you that I had a jello shot just a bit before leaving. Streets were blocked so you couldn't avoid being funneled into the one lane. I'm thinking Oh Shit! My heart was racing!!!! Thank God we didn't stay 1/2 hour longer. They were still setting up & weren't stopping anybody YET! I wasn't drunk, but did have some alcohol in my system. Damn that was close!

No comments: