If been tagged by XO over at Hip Suburban White Guy for 8 Random Things About Me.
1. I've had a few "partners" in my life before the Hubby. And I really can't remember the sex. Maybe because it's been so long, maybe because the Hubby has wiped the slate clean. I take that back. There is one I remember, a Greek pilot. He was so slow that I was drumming my fingers. The phone rang, he got up to answer & then hit the bathroom. I left before he came out. That was the worst fuck ever!
2. I'm a trained spiritual director. Can you believe it? Sinner, loved & forgiven!
3. Hubby & I nearly split up on our 7th year. He had his head up his ass. He's better now. Actually, we are much better now ( 22 years in July). I believe it was the 7 year itch.
4. I love animals. I've had dogs, cats, birds, fish, rabbits. I want another canary ( mine died years ago). I will always have dogs. You can't turn my dog on me & fire.
5. Like XO I can't learn structured dance but I've been told that I'm a great dancer. I freestyle it. When we slow dance I lead. He doesn't really like to dance so I tell the Hubby that it's like sex standing up: "Hang on & follow my hips!"
6. My parents met as pen pals. I was born in Jacksonville, Fl. but raised till I was 18 in Canada. I took English as a second language, French being my primary one. Blogging has helped my writing skills. Blogging has also become a bit of an addiction. But I have met some great people because of it.
7. We don't have prom queens back in Canada when I was growing up. We had Winter Snow Queens. I had to give a speech in English & in french & have a talent. I did a modern interpretive dance to "Georgy Girl". I was the 1st Snow Princess & rode on the back of the town firetruck with a torch light parade through town.
8. I love Stan Rogers' music: Three Fishers. Cape Islander. Northwest Passage. He was a Canadian who died in an airplane fire. Bob Walkenhorst (Jon Vermeer), formerly of the Rainmakers (Downstream), is a very close second. He is also one of the nicest guys you could meet. I have a mandolin but can't play yet.
Tag: Dan at Gone Mild, Happy in Bag, Emawkc at ThreeO'ClockA.M., Heather at General Blather, Michelle at Well Hell Michelle