Monday, September 14, 2009

Knick knack paddy wack give a dog a bone


Well , not really a bone. How about a bag of dog food?

If you know me or the hubby you know how hard losing Willow to Osteosarcoma this last year has been. All though all the dogs we've had over the years have been special to us Willow was extra special. She really needed us. She was skin & bones when we got her. Maybe if the single mom who had her had been given help with dog food she would have been in better shape. This is your chance to make a difference to a hungry dog, in memory of our beloved Willow.

This started out with my friend @Thundabolt & I talking about the idea of an event to raise dog food. During this time I've become friends with @DVSGEM & have volunteered at @SNKC, who has a pet outreach program. Along comes @Banky who has this brilliant idea & creates @Volunteams. He asked me if I would be willing to have Willow's Memorial Dog Food Drive be the kickoff of this new & wonderful adventure to help @SNKC. So click here & here to go to the website for more info.

I'm told that it's better to buy multiple small bags instead of a big bag. We plan on having Xander, our new Great Dane, with us on October 10th @SNKC. Come meet him & bring some dog food for some hungry dogs.

Welcome to Team Willow
!



1 comment:

Kanga said...

This is wonderful. As the ‘Dad’ mentioned in the story above, I cannot tell you how much this means to me and Spyder. Willow was my girl, my friend and buddy, and putting her down was the most wrenching pet decision I have ever had to make. All dogs are–or should be–special to someone. Willow was 110 lbs of love, and we will miss her sweet spirit forever. We were honored to be able to help her live a happy, though sadly shortened, life.