Monday, June 22, 2009

Hot Dog!

telling me about her dad

Poor Xander! I don't he does well in this hot weather. Amazingly enough Trooper who is fat, old, and way furrier seems to handle this heat better than he. He has runny poops. He threw up tonight & just felt hot. So while he was laying down I got a cold wet facecloth and put it on his head, then neck & body. Later I took him out to the patio & wet his paws & legs with the hose. He is enjoying th hose. He ries to bite the water stream. The water never got real cold and & didn't spray his body has I didn't want to shock it. I remember a girlfriend telling me about how her dad killed a pig by spraying it with well water one hot day. Of course Xander really looks like he has a hangover!

7 comments:

Faith said...

Jake gets super-hot in this weather, too. Poor thing has long hair until this Friday when he gets cut down again, and hopefully that'll help. Yesterday, he totally threw up. But then 5 minutes later, he wanted to go back outside again. ::sigh:: Puppies!

Jana said...

Poor guy!! Bwess his wittle heart.

Spyder said...

Faith, Your pups are in all day right?

Jana, There isn't much wittle on him! LOL! The boy is HUGE!!!! 7 months old & 107 lbs

Cap't Coco said...

Poor puppy. I leave a fan directly on my dog when I go to work. He seems to do okay like that. Thank you for your comment on my page. Did you know that those fireworks are also made in China. Aren't we Patriotic?!?!?

Spyder said...

Cap't Coco, Is your dog inside or out? Hubby & I talked about that but worried about rain.

Faith said...

Oh yeah...they are not outdoor dogs, unless we're home with them. Jake would spend 80% of the day outside, digging for chipmunks if we let him, but even he knows his limits, and will wander in when overheated to collapse in a lump on the floor like a tiny shihtzu-poo rug.

This is the time of year that they break out the pool at the playpen, too. So when they're there on Wednesday and Fridays, they can "swim" if they want! I love that.

mamagotcha said...

We let our Australian shepherd/husky mix roll around in a baby pool with 6" of water... he loves it. Your house smells like wet dog for a while, but it's worth it to let your buddy cool off a bit.