Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What's Happening


I have only been able to post on Twitter lately. It's just too hard for me right now to sit and write more than 140 characters at a time. If you don't know what's happening please go to my hubby's blog Beneath the Ginko.

Today is day for love & spoiling. We've been doing that since Saturday. Our appointment is at 5:50pm. We will bring Willow home afterwards. Hubby has prepared a spot for her under a redbud. Her collar will join Bianca's hanging in the tree.

We rescued Willow in 2003 when she was a year old and only 75 lbs. For close to 2 years we fed her 12 cups of dog food a day. Now we feed her 8 cups. Hell yes that's a lot of dogfood! Trooper gets 4 cups.

We have loved all our furry children. But Willow is the most people oriented one we have had. Probably because of the neglect the first year of her life. But we've made up for that. And because of that she has been the one that weaseled her way the deepest into our hearts. If she was older as Bianca(Great Pyrenese) was when she passed, then maybe it wouldn't be so unfair but at 6 1/2 she is being cheated. And we are too.

Thank you to for the love that has been shown to us. We feel it, really. Even though I cry every time I read something, each one has helped in the healing. Thank you Absolutely Fiesty for the blog post. LUMI!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Losing animals is way harder than losing people. Don't get me wrong, I totally love my people. I'm really sorry about Willow. Hardest part about owning dogs.

Melinda said...

I'm so sorry, Spyder. Other words I'd like to say are that you gave her a great home, and you loved her dearly, but they just don't really do any justice. If it wasn't so rewarding to have animals, I know I wouldn't have any because of the pain that is felt when they leave.

Spyder said...

Chris in some ways I totally agree with you. Something about that unconditional love.

Melinda I'm here to tell you that 105 lbs make a freaking big hole in your heart!

Average Jane said...

My heart is breaking for you and your hubby.

Anonymous said...

Such a deal with the devil - immense love and a huge part of your life, and then we lose that. But despite it all, it's still worth it. I have tears in my eyes for you, knowing the pain of which you speak, knowing that same pain awaits on my own horizon, knowing I've felt that pain before. I am so, so sorry. hugs to all of you.

L A Little said...

Oh how sad

:(

I'm crying about your pretty dog. I hope you soon find peace and comfort.

GB, RN said...

I read this and your hubby's blog at work, and now the other nurses think I'm crazy because I'm sitting here blubbering like an idiot.

As I have just gone through this with my furbaby, I totally understand what you are going through. Young pet or old pet, there are no words that assuage the pain that remains in your heart when your pet dies.

You have my deepest sympathies.

Faith said...

Spyder, I'm so sorry for your guys' loss! We lost our newf to a sudden tumor (lymphoma in her case) when I was 17, and she was only 7 and a half as well. Putting her to sleep was so. hard.

Just know that I'm thinking of you guys right now, ok? I'm praying for you as well! I hope you guys have lots of visits from Willow in your dreams!

Well Hell Michelle said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers for you and hubby.