Monday, February 04, 2008

Book em Dano!

Book Meme

Rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pgs.)
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the next three sentences
5. Tag five people



This is a book I keep in my desk at work in case I need some reading material. I couldn't leave the poem off. Consider yourself tagged.

Fragrant Palm Leaves, Journals 1962-1966 by Thich Nhat Hanh.


If you are distant and remote, I will be distant and remote. Look into my eyes and you will know if your universe is bright or dark, infinite or finite, mortal or immortal. The poet Tru Vu wrote:

Because eyes see the blue sky,
eyes glisten sky-blue.
Because eyes see the vast ocean,
eyes extend as far as the sea.


Meme taken from So Many Books

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dune, but mine is freakin dull!

Jim said...

"We're trying to raise one million dollars to build the building. We're asking you to give so that we can start construction." This is not a convincing case expression.

That's what I get for responding at work.

Spyder said...

Nuke & Jim - you fellas need to keep something a bit more interesting on hand at work.